• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction of Husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wendyeaton

I have a friend whose husband left the house May 1st. He is hooked on drugs and has given no support. She is being forced to try and rent her home out.
Let me give you alittle background regarding the home. When she purchased the new home she sold her old home, that she owned outright prior to the marriage, and can prove that the down and every payment made on the new home she has made. She has an account in which she receives money from renting some land and her mortgage gets taken directly from this account. Her husbanc's name is not on this account.
She would like to rent her house but worries that he may still come and go into the house because his name is on the house and that he could evict the new tenants. This is something that he would do. He is being very hateful.
Is there a way she can do an eviction on her husband proving that he has not lived there since May so he may not come into her home or evict any tenants that she might get to rent the house. She lives here in California.

HomeGuru

wendyeaton said:
I have a friend whose husband left the house May 1st. He is hooked on drugs and has given no support. She is being forced to try and rent her home out.
Let me give you alittle background regarding the home. When she purchased the new home she sold her old home, that she owned outright prior to the marriage, and can prove that the down and every payment made on the new home she has made. She has an account in which she receives money from renting some land and her mortgage gets taken directly from this account. Her husbanc's name is not on this account.
She would like to rent her house but worries that he may still come and go into the house because his name is on the house and that he could evict the new tenants. This is something that he would do. He is being very hateful.
Is there a way she can do an eviction on her husband proving that he has not lived there since May so he may not come into her home or evict any tenants that she might get to rent the house. She lives here in California.
**A: don't you think that this friend needs an attorney?

W

wendyeaton

I believe she is going down to get one... coming up with the money to retain one is been setting her back... I was just trying to get some quick legal advise to give to her so make her feel alittle safer

W

wendyeaton

Forgot to mention... they have 3 year old twins that she is not getting any support for either.

dequeendistress

This woman NEEDS an attorney. There are TOO many issues that should be TOO valuable NOT to have one. Evicting the husband is NOT the only issue here.

Go get your friend...and help your friend obtain an attorney

HomeGuru

wendyeaton said:
I believe she is going down to get one... coming up with the money to retain one is been setting her back... I was just trying to get some quick legal advise to give to her so make her feel alittle safer
**A: actually, when you tell her this, she will feel worse. Because the husband is on title to the home, he can demand that the tenants pay hm the rent, evict the tenants, rent the home to his druggies friends, or let them hang for free or even move into the home himself. And if there is a bust and drugs are found at the property, to the extent that the law determines dealing or manufacturing, she may even lose her house under the state and federal forfeiture laws.
So with these issues in mind, how safer do you think she would feel?

W

wendyeaton

Thank you for your help! At least I can give her this information and she can see that she DOES need an attorney IMMEDIATELY!!

Thanks again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">