• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Completing the divorce!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shemmert

I am in California and filed for divorce 4 years ago. She repsonded. Since then we have sold and split the proceeds of the house and property, settled the child support and custody and now just want to get it done. Can't we handle this ourselves since we both want to move on with our new significant others and since we agree on everything?

I am told I have to get a para-legal or attorney to set everything straight and finish it up. How do we finish this on our own?

VeronicaGia

shemmert said:
I am in California and filed for divorce 4 years ago. She repsonded. Since then we have sold and split the proceeds of the house and property, settled the child support and custody and now just want to get it done. Can't we handle this ourselves since we both want to move on with our new significant others and since we agree on everything?

I am told I have to get a para-legal or attorney to set everything straight and finish it up. How do we finish this on our own?
Why not get an attorney and get it over with the right way? That way you can be sure that you are indeed divorced and can truly move on with your lives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">