• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hell in oregon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bangkokbuddy

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? oregon

my father passed away 14 years ago. the first personal rep. didn't do her job, so 3 others were enlisted to replace her. this was done in 1997. anyway, these 3 others didn't do their job either. their primary responsibility was to sell the business/property so that it could be distributed amongst the 8 heirs. the secondary responsibility was to maintain the business/property until it could be sold. the 3 did neither.

as a result, where once we had a profitable business, we now have a business close to bankruptcy. I blame the 3 personal rep. for being irresponsible in their duties which has caused the business to go to pot.

...my question is - can they be held responsible to the rest of the heirs for the business going to pot? somebody told me this is case of negligence. is this true?

Dandy Don

There may or may not have been negligence, depending on what actually occurred. You have not provided enough information here to give a definite answer.

You would need to consult with a business law attorney and explain everything that happened with the business to find out if it meets the legal definition of negligence, and it does sound like you might have the grounds for a suit, if there were things that the personal representatives did or didn't do that negatively affected the business.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">