• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

changed parking limits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

patvita

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Ohio
I have been attending outdoor concerts every Thursday evening in Oxford Ohio. At the first concert in June, I parked in the city parking lot adjoining the concert park, and read that the parking fees were to be paid until 6 PM. I have continued to park in the lot each Thursday, parking on the street one week ago, and then resuming parking in the city lot this Thursday at 7:15 PM
Upon returning to my car after the concert, I had a parking ticket, and a bright orange NOTICE that the parking times have been changes to end at 8:00 PM.
I do not check the sign each week to see if the city has changed the time. The only notice of change is the 6 being changed to an 8 on the sign upon entering. There is also a sign afixed to the unit where parking fees are inserted into a slot, but I did not go inspect the box anticipating a change.

The ticket was for $10, and to protest the ticket, the fee is $30 + court costs of $60.

I feel I, and others, were trapped into paying a parking fine. The time of the ticket is registered as 19:22, just a few minutes after I crossed the street to the park.

I do not protest the fee to park, just the fact that no NOTICE or Warning is given that the time was changed.

I am law abiding, no tickets, and wonder if I should appeal this before the judge.

bisto

Are you stupid.Why don't you get a lawyer too.

Pay the $10 and get over it. I can't believe you even posted this crap.

JETX

patvita said:
The only notice of change is the 6 being changed to an 8 on the sign upon entering. There is also a sign afixed to the unit where parking fees are inserted into a slot, but I did not go inspect the box anticipating a change.
I do not protest the fee to park, just the fact that no NOTICE or Warning is given that the time was changed.
Gee, in one place you say that there was a sign.... and then you say that there wasn't a notice or warning. Can't be both ways.... so which is it??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">