• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions about money owed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sweet_caligirl

What is the name of your state? ca..If after probate is over. If there is money that was owed to my mother what will happen with it? I am going to be name executor and my brothers have signed off on my mothers house. I am currently living in the house.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sweet_caligirl said:
What is the name of your state? ca..

If after probate is over. If there is money that was owed to my mother what will happen with it?

MY RESPONSE: The debtor would now owe the Estate - - as long as the debt is paid within the applicable Statute of Limitations, that is.

I am going to be name executor and my brothers have signed off on my mothers house. I am currently living in the house.

MY RESPONSE: Congratulations, I guess. What does this bit of information have to do with anything?

IAAL

S

sweet_caligirl

I am sorry

What do you mean owed to the estate? How would it be paid?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sweet_caligirl said:
What do you mean owed to the estate? How would it be paid?

My response:

It would be paid in sheep and chickens.

You're asking that, and you're going to be the Executor of your mother's Estate?

Sweetheart, do yourself a favor so that you don't screw this up - - turn the matter of being the Executor over to someone who can understand simple English, and simple concepts. You're way out of your league.

IAAL

Dandy Don

The way you have posted your message it is unclear what you really mean.

When you say "money that is owed to the estate", are you talking about some money that your mother loaned to someone else that the person needs to pay back, or are you referring to money coming from the sale or rental of the home?

When you say brothers "have signed off on the house", do you mean they have made arrangements to buy it and you want to know if they should be paying you/buying you out for your share of it if you are a legal heir, or do you mean they have signed a quitclaim deed giving up their portion of the home to someone else?

Are you going to be living elsewhere?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nextwife said:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=684843#post684843

She is referring to a Child Support arrearage still owed to her mom. 1979 CA case.

My response:

Oh, now I get it. This woman is a "Thread Hopper", starting numerous and disjointed threads, thinking that we've read all of her other posts - - so, we should know what the hell she's talking about in this thread when she starts writing from the middle of a previous thought. Oh, I got it now!

IAAL

Dandy Don

Talk with the local agency that handles child support payments and they can advise you whether you can still go after this amount owed, if you don't want to talk to a probate attorney about it.

S

sweet_caligirl

This message is FOR I AM ALWAYS LIABLE...You don't need to talk down to me sweetheart and I am just as welcome as you are here. And if you keep talking like that I will notify the adminstrator of this site. And I don't need or want your rude remarks. Does it make you feel better about yourself? And I have a lawyer. Thank you very much. You must really have some issues. The first time someone says something about your rude remarks you totally go crazy. You can dish it but you can't take it? Is that the problem?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sweet_caligirl said:
This message is FOR I AM ALWAYS LIABLE...

You don't need to talk down to me sweetheart

MY RESPONSE: Apparently, I do. At least, someone needs to.

and I am just as welcome as you are here.

MY RESPONSE: Not if you have thin skin, like you do.

And if you keep talking like that I will notify the adminstrator of this site.

MY RESPONSE: Join the club, and stand in line. I get about 14 to 18 complaints a day from thin-skinned jackasses like you. Do you see me shaking in my boots? :eek:

And I don't need or want your rude remarks.

MY RESPONSE: Tough. If I think you need a "remark", I'll say it.

Does it make you feel better about yourself?

MY RESPONSE: Actually, it does. I wish I could talk to my clients this way, but unfortunately I can't. Do you know why? Because they bring me CASH, unlike you.

And I have a lawyer. Thank you very much.

MY RESPONSE: Good. Then stop being an idiot, and pay him/her for the answers to your questions. Most people that come here don't have the luxury of an attorney. So, you're taking our valuable time away from those people with your petty, inane, and stupid questions.

You must really have some issues.

MY RESPONSE: Yes, I do. Are you going to make fun of my disabilities now?

The first time someone says something about your rude remarks you totally go crazy.

MY RESPONSE: I know. Isn't it fun?

You can dish it but you can't take it? Is that the problem?

MY RESPONSE: Where did you get an idea like that? I deal with idiots like you each and every day - - both in my practice, and here. I get people like you asking the same dumb question, as you have, at least once each week.

Thanks for your message!

IAAL

BelizeBreeze

This message is FOR I AM ALWAYS LIABLE...You don't need to talk down to me sweetheart and I am just as welcome as you are here.
Really? Who told you that? The little green men who visited last night?

And if you keep talking like that I will notify the adminstrator of this site.
Ahhhhhh Mary. She is a pistol that one :D

And I don't need or want your rude remarks.
Seems you don't need or want a modicum of intelligence either.

And I have a lawyer.
So this entire thread is a waste of time and energy. Unless of course, your attorney has a diploma from Mexico U.

You must really have some issues.
Yes, on that issue I must agree. IAAL and I both suffer from the same Malady. It's called IPS for short "IGNORANT POSTER SYNDROME!"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">