• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

confusedandworr

What is the name of your state? Ga.
I recently went to renew my Ga. drivers license and was told to call an investigator with the fraud division. It seems that they have suspicions that I held another persons license with my picture on it about 5-6 years ago. They are right! At the time I had his license I was arrested foe DUI and told them I was this guy. I paid the fine and cut up the license and haven't used anyone else's since. What is the SOL for something like this? What is the penalty? I'm a bit worried.
Thanks, :eek:

HomeGuru

confusedandworr said:
What is the name of your state? Ga.
I recently went to renew my Ga. drivers license and was told to call an investigator with the fraud division. It seems that they have suspicions that I held another persons license with my picture on it about 5-6 years ago. They are right! At the time I had his license I was arrested foe DUI and told them I was this guy. I paid the fine and cut up the license and haven't used anyone else's since. What is the SOL for something like this? What is the penalty? I'm a bit worried.
Thanks, :eek:
**A: thanks for your post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">