• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what's next

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

franco8

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?california, i file for divorce on my own and my wife answered the papers with a lawyer. when i went to court for the hearing she did not showed up. her lawyer showed up and said he was withdrawing from the case because my wife never went back to see him , or the lawyer found her. now, i got another court date august 12 and just want to know what will happen if she dosen't show up in court. she dosen't live with me. she move out and left me with my childrens. any seriously advice will be appreciated.thank you. :confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

franco8 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?california, i file for divorce on my own and my wife answered the papers with a lawyer. when i went to court for the hearing she did not showed up. her lawyer showed up and said he was withdrawing from the case because my wife never went back to see him , or the lawyer found her. now, i got another court date august 12 and just want to know what will happen if she dosen't show up in court. she dosen't live with me. she move out and left me with my childrens. any seriously advice will be appreciated.thank you. :confused:

My response:

If she fails to appear, the court will "Strike" her response to your Petition (as if she never responded to you at all) and will enter judgment in your favor.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">