• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my rights

• Thread starter confused /california
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

confused /california

my babies father left b4 she was born only has visits with her when it is convinent for him we have never been to court over visits or custody or anything like that but lately he has been telling me that i will be at a meeting spot(public park) what i will bring with me for the baby and to not be around him while he is with her
he is here on a green card and i am afraid he might try to leave with her he is not on her birthcertificate and she does not have his lastname do i have to tkae my baby to the visits what can i do i am lost

U

usdeeper

No you do not have to take the child for these visits. Also, if you do agree, make it somewhere very public and let him know that you will not be leaving the child with him. Always carry a copy of the childs birth certificate in your purse in case there is any problems.

Also, you need to file for proper court ordered custody.

Is the green card due to marriage to you ?

H

hopless/california

i just found out that the babies father has been ordered to pay child support does this mean i have to go by what he wants for visits there is still no visit or custody order

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hopless/california:
i just found out that the babies father has been ordered to pay child support does this mean i have to go by what he wants for visits there is still no visit or custody order <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CS and Visitation are completely seperate. You do not have to give him any visitation if it is not court ordered. I advise some visitation (supervised) or it may go against you later.. but never let the child out of your sight until you have court ordered custody.

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">