• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Franchise contract UK

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RAMUS

Franchise contract

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? United Kingdom, but give me a US opinion, all I need is something to compare with. Thanks to bisto for pointing only US law out!

This is a franchise for any estate agency selling property in Europe.
Under clause 3 - Fees and Commision it says:

a) an introductory fee of 1% shall be paid to the agent (Me) on receipt of cleared funds in respect of the main deposit if the sale of the property in question is generated from a lead produced by agent.

b) a reservation fee of [to be negotiated%] of the sale price of a property shall be paid to the agent when agent completes the sale on parent company's behalf by taking a reservation deposit on parent company's behalf and in parent company's name.

Questions.
1. Is 1% as an introductory fee usual or is it low?
2. Can you explain what a "reservation fee" and "reservation deposit" is (?), in relation to the above statement, and what a suitable negotiated % would be?

Thanks for your help.
RAMUS

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">