• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do we do now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chellee

What is the name of your state? Nevada
My boyfriend has been seperated for two years now. They have agreed on everything for there divorce except the med insurance. She has MS and will not sign the divorce papers until he has a new medical insurance policy set up for her. He has checked on this and the insurance won't except her until the divorece is final and cobra is up. What does he do now.

My other question is i have been living with him for one year and we have bought a house. The house is in his name and his ex did sign a quick deed. My question is what if something happens to him and the divorce is not final does she get everything that we have acquired. Do I have any legal rights? :confused:

Grace_Adler

Not sure what to tell you about the divorce. If it were me, I'd try to go ahead and push it through the courts with or without her signature.

I'm not sure what to tell you about the house either because I don't know if that deed means she now has no rights to it. She doesn't have a right to take any of your personal belongings tho. I think I'd be etching my initials on some stuff though, just in case she tries to lie about anything. LOL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">