• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

upward modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tika

I went to court today seeking a upward mod.My kids are now 12,14,15 he has been paying a bit over $300 a month since 92 when we divorced.He makes over 5K a month and is currently remarried. He adopted his new wifes child and had 2 more with her.Before court I was told I would get one figure.Then when we got to court the came up with another.They said it was based on the Smith something state and guideline for the state of Florida. They took the new kids of his in to account. When the figures were said and done the new wife gets more support than mine. And mine are older. Why should my kids be penilized for him adopting non-biological kids and having more he can't afford. Is this right? Please help.

LegalBeagle

Was your ex's spouse income brought into the equation at all ? Did you have an attorney ?

[This message has been edited by LegalBeagle (edited September 20, 2000).]

T

tika

yes they did mention her income she has made in the past. She is currently not working. No I did not have a private attorney. The state of Florida dept. of Revenue was there for me.I tried to also call the lady who represented me and her office said they work for the state not me and could not speake with me.The state said they don't even know the name of the guidelines the go by.I think it was Smith something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">