• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! - how much can we sue for?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Broken-foot-boy

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

My brother broke his foot in three places and will have to have surgery to re attach ligaments. He fell from a balcony at an apartment building in town when the railing snapped off. The wood holding the railing was rotting and the manager of the building knew about it. He was told to fix it months earlier when a kid had broken through the boards.

We are from a small town and have no clue about this kind of thing. How much could we sue for?

Thanks for your help!

You Are Guilty

Since you didn't specify details in your post, here are the possibilities:

If he is right-footed and broke his right foot, you can sue for $100 million. But if he broke the left, then you can sue for $96,666.67.

On the other hand (so to speak), if he was left footed and broke the left foot, it's only $129,790 (I know, I know, it's discrimination against left-footed people). But there's worse news - if it was the right foot, he might have to pay the landlord for the repairs to the broken railing.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">