• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power Authority Easements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dan Finn

What is the name of your state?New York

Please help! I live on a dead end and next to me is another dead end. My title says that there is a "proposed" 5 foot wide easement to be granted to the Long Island Power Authority between the two dead ends. This easement disects my lawn in half. My problem is neighborhood teenagers walk and ride their bikes and scooters over my lawn. It has now been going on over a year and the damage to my lawn is extensive. I have have asked the "kids" to stop but they have wise A#$ answers telling me the property belongs to the electric company. They have also insulted my pregnant wife and gave her the finger. My question is do I have the right to keep them off my property and if so what can I do to stop them. Please help I really can not take this much longer.
Danny

FarmerJ

DO you by chance know where any of them live ? if so call the police and file tresspassing complaints against them . post your property no tresspassing

Happy Trails

Isn't it frustrating, I also have property with several easements on it. One of them comes off an alley and everyone thinks that the alley extends through our unplatted piece. We have four wheelers and traffic going through, very frustrating.

We put up "private drive" sign. This started to educate the trespassers that it was not public access. Some friends have now asked permission to go through, but now they know it is private property. This will make it easier, when we build a house there, to cut off everyone going through.

Is it possible for you to fence off this area or put a gate over it. I know the electric co. has easement but they don't need access as long as there isn't repairs to be made. With a gate you aren't denying them access.

I'm always concerned about liability issues. :eek:

HomeGuru

Dan Finn said:
What is the name of your state?New York

Please help! I live on a dead end and next to me is another dead end. My title says that there is a "proposed" 5 foot wide easement to be granted to the Long Island Power Authority between the two dead ends. This easement disects my lawn in half. My problem is neighborhood teenagers walk and ride their bikes and scooters over my lawn. It has now been going on over a year and the damage to my lawn is extensive. I have have asked the "kids" to stop but they have wise A#$ answers telling me the property belongs to the electric company. They have also insulted my pregnant wife and gave her the finger. My question is do I have the right to keep them off my property and if so what can I do to stop them. Please help I really can not take this much longer.
Danny

**A: fence in your yard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">