• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawey contacted my boss.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

astro5169

Lawyer contacted my boss.

What is the name of your state?Ok. My ex-wifes attorney contacted my employment to try and make me sign a quick claim deed. I filed a complaint with the bar. Do I have any other recourse?

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

astro5169 said:
What is the name of your state?Ok. My ex-wifes attorney contacted my employment to try and make me sign a quick claim deed. I filed a complaint with the bar. Do I have any other recourse?

Why would her lawyer call your boss to sign a deed? Your boss owns the property with you?

A

astro5169

Ok... No he doesnt. I am a state employee and he thinks he can tell them to tell me what to do. Do I have a case of harrassment?

You Are Guilty

Criminal harassment:
§21 1172. Obscene, threatening or harassing telephone calls Penalty.
A. It shall be unlawful for a person who, by means of a telephone, willfully either:
1. Makes any comment, request, suggestion, or proposal which is obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, or indecent;
2. Makes a telephone call, whether or not conversation ensues, with intent to put the party called in fear of physical harm or death;
3. Makes a telephone call, whether or not conversation ensues, without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person at the called number;
4. Knowingly permits any telephone under his control to be used for any purpose prohibited by this section; and
5. In conspiracy or concerted action with other persons, makes repeated calls or simultaneous calls solely to harass any person at the called number(s).
From your description, it sure doesn't look like his behavoir falls under one of these categories.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">