• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you start a Fast Food Franchise with only $20 000?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Romee

What is the name of your state? FL

I would like to know what kind of Franchise you can start if you only have $20 000, i'm talking about FASt FOOD?

Thanks

M

meerkat3232

2 Options I can think of

Using just the 20 G to start up, I would think the only thing you can do would be one of the portable stand type of franchises, such as the "Dominick's" hoagie carts they have outside the Home Depot's or Lowe's (don't know if there is an exclusive contract for either). Another small one would be a portable Starbucks' outside a busy business complex.

Option 2 would be that if your credit is good you could use the 20 G as a down payment on a loan to get a small one in a building / leased space.

You definitley need to do research first. Besides start up costs, you'll need various licenses, health inspections, and if you plan on hiring help, you'll need to deal with the tax / workers comp facets as well as insurance. I would'nt do it in the middle of bumble f%#k FL either. I would find a growing area on the outskirts of a large city such as Tampa where there are possibilities of both smaller competition and a larger pool of patrons.

Finally, after research is done and you choose a franchise, contact them and see if they have any start up programs where they will provide initial start up assistance.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

My father lost a bundle in the "market". His push cart broke down.

I like the hot dog stand idea. That's about all you can buy for 20G's today.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">