• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cjleblanc2002

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Colorado
Hi, I live in military housing and last week when I opened the cabinet above the tolite the top of it came out of the wall and was still attatched at the bottom by 2 screws. I was trying to hold it up because my daughter was sitting on the tolite when all of this was taking place. If it would have fell on her it could have been fatal. Because I am not talking about a typical bathroom cabinet this is solid wood and heavy. Well In the process of holding it up an trying to get it on the floor I injured my back. When maintance came to repair the cabinet they said the people who installed it did not even put it in studs or anchor it. They agreed it would have been fatal if i would not have been there. Anyway is there anything i can do to keep this from injuring others in Military housing. Because we all have the same cabinets. Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cjleblanc2002 said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Colorado
Hi, I live in military housing and last week when I opened the cabinet above the tolite the top of it came out of the wall and was still attatched at the bottom by 2 screws. I was trying to hold it up because my daughter was sitting on the tolite when all of this was taking place. If it would have fell on her it could have been fatal. Because I am not talking about a typical bathroom cabinet this is solid wood and heavy. Well In the process of holding it up an trying to get it on the floor I injured my back. When maintance came to repair the cabinet they said the people who installed it did not even put it in studs or anchor it. They agreed it would have been fatal if i would not have been there. Anyway is there anything i can do to keep this from injuring others in Military housing. Because we all have the same cabinets. Thanks

My response:

Since when did you become "The Great Avenger" for other people's housing? Hey, if you want, go door-to-door and inform everyone of your findings.

In the meantime, if you were injured, fill out and serve a Federal Tort Claim form. You have two years from the date of the injury TO YOU. A Federal adjuster, nor a court, will pay you for "what could have happened" to your daughter.

IAAL

Last edited:
C

cassie1247

Get A lawyer

MI.
You are entitled to decent housing. That also means safe. It was careless for the cabinet to be hung that way.
Consult with an Attorney about your back and maybe in the furture the people that collect money for the housing won't be so careless.

C

cjleblanc2002

Thanks soo much for everyone's advice. :) My husband has an appointment to see the Jag here on base. Hopefully everything will go OK.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">