• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OCS candidacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

savant

Three years ago, I turned in two of my co-workers for stealing from our warehouse. In doing so I myself was turned into CID for questioning, which resulted in my being charged with conspiracy, and larceny twice. After the other two marines convictions they withdrew and dismissed my charges. Now three years later, I've been honorably discharged from the USMC, and am working on my Bachelors Degree, with the hope of becoming an officer in the Marine Corps. Do I need to state these charges on the SF-86 when applying? The OSO seems to believe that it will be a waste of time. Please advice only if you have pertinent information.

From the state of Florida.

S

savant

Answered

The customer service at the DSS facility (the people who use the SF-86 for background checks/security clearances)stated that if you are EVER charged with any felony that you must fully explain the five W's about it. So the answer to my question is yes. Thanks for all the help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">