• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falling apart, not sure lawyers & husband are truthful/property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bbh

In the state of Virginia, property can be seperate from the marriage. My husband and I looked at homes together. I was 21 years old and he was 37. We lived together in one home for a year. When we decided to get married, I wanted to buy a house together to start our life together. We looked at homes and found one. My husband called me one day at work and asked me if I wanted to get the house, rates were going up. I said "yes!" I asked if I needed to come down and he said "no". He said we would put my name on the house at closing.

Needless to say, that was never done. We purchased the home, got married, went on our honeymoon and then moved into the new home together.

Is he right when he says I am entitled to nothing?

What about the business he started after we were married? Am I entitled to any part of that?

Any past experiences, insight or guidance is appreciated. I live in a small town and fear I am being told wrong.

LegalBeagle

Is he right when he says I am entitled to nothing?

No, he is very wrong

What about the business he started after we were married? Am I entitled to any part of that?

Yes.

Any past experiences, insight or guidance is appreciated. I live in a small town and fear I am being told wrong.

If you can afford it, go get yourself an attorney..

[/B][/QUOTE]

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">