• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting sued help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bgirl618

I previously wrote about my mom getting sued by th state of Tennessee because my brother was put into state's custody when he was 17.He was not taken from her custody and she lived in the state of Illinios at the time.He was in my aunt and uncle's custody first then in my father's custody and then in a family friend's custody. He refused to go to school and a judge kicked him out of the state.He did not leave and was picked up where he was then put into state's custody for 5 months.My mom paid for his fines,clothing,attorney and several other things while attempting to get back custody. He is now 23 years old and they are suing my mom.They have successfully sued my father for the same thing.Today she recieved in the mail a certified letter saying they are now suing her for me.I was in my father's custody and then the same family friend's custody. I was put into custody for truancy.I spent about eight months in a mental institution. My mom's insurance company paid for me to be there. She also bought my clothing,paid for a lawyer and anything else needed.I was finally released back to her custody at 16 after a long struggle to get me back.I am now 21. How can they do this? Is there anything that she can do? Any advice would be helpful. We need to know where to start to get this tooken care of. My mom's health is declining and alot is because of this. Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">