• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors Tree Droppings in Backyard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cute13

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Santa Clarita, California.

Need Help !!!! I reside in a planned community and have a neighbor who has an extremely large eucyputlus (sp) tree in her backyard. My problem is that this tree is constantly dropping leaves, blossoms, small acorns onto my back patio. (There are no branches that hang over onto my patio) It has become a daliy chore to constantly clean these up. I have spoken with my Homeowners Association about this and was told that since the tree is in her backyard, it is on private property and there is nothing they can do about it. What gets me is that part of our CC&r's state that it is the homeowners responsiblity to keep our backyard drains free from debris....I would be able to keep my yard clean and free from debris if it wasn't for this tree....I have also spoken to the owner of the tree and was told by her that she didn't like it either and would take care of it once the weather cooled down some....Well that was 2 years ago....I have been more than patient waiting....and waiting....to no avial....As this tree has matured even more it has gotten to the point that I now need to sweep/hose down my patio at least twice a day to keep it in a clean condition. I can not enjoy an evening bbq'ing or eating outside as there is always droppings from this tree. What I would like to know is there any legal recourse I might have for this situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HomeGuru

Cute13 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Santa Clarita, California.

Need Help !!!! I reside in a planned community and have a neighbor who has an extremely large eucyputlus (sp) tree in her backyard. My problem is that this tree is constantly dropping leaves, blossoms, small acorns onto my back patio. (There are no branches that hang over onto my patio) It has become a daliy chore to constantly clean these up. I have spoken with my Homeowners Association about this and was told that since the tree is in her backyard, it is on private property and there is nothing they can do about it. What gets me is that part of our CC&r's state that it is the homeowners responsiblity to keep our backyard drains free from debris....I would be able to keep my yard clean and free from debris if it wasn't for this tree....I have also spoken to the owner of the tree and was told by her that she didn't like it either and would take care of it once the weather cooled down some....Well that was 2 years ago....I have been more than patient waiting....and waiting....to no avial....As this tree has matured even more it has gotten to the point that I now need to sweep/hose down my patio at least twice a day to keep it in a clean condition. I can not enjoy an evening bbq'ing or eating outside as there is always droppings from this tree. What I would like to know is there any legal recourse I might have for this situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
**A: duplicate post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">