• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adults divorcing parents?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jessiebye

Ok you guys. Here's an interesting one. Williamson County, Texas. I am adopted. I am 32 years old. I have read smatterings here and there that you can divorce your parents. I HATE my adoptive parents to the point where reconciliation is impossible. Is there a way to make them legally not my parents and vice versa? I don't care about the inheritance I just want them gone from my life.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jessiebye said:
Ok you guys. Here's an interesting one. Williamson County, Texas. I am adopted. I am 32 years old. I have read smatterings here and there that you can divorce your parents. I HATE my adoptive parents to the point where reconciliation is impossible. Is there a way to make them legally not my parents and vice versa? I don't care about the inheritance I just want them gone from my life.

My response:

Take a pair of scissors and cut the umbilical cord. That's all there is to it.

IAAL

stephenk

first, move out of their house. when you get a new place to live, dont give the address or phone number to your parents. Remember not to call them or visit them.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stephenk said:
first, move out of their house. when you get a new place to live, dont give the address or phone number to your parents. Remember not to call them or visit them.

My response:

Isn't that "cutting the umbilical cord"?

IAAL

J

jessiebye

Don't be retarded. I'm 32 years old and I OWN my own home. The problem is that before I decided that guys suck I had a child by one. My parents are rich republicans and they don't like the fact that I'm in a 4 year lesbian relationship. They have sued me for rights to my child. I am winning the case so far but I don't want this to be able to happen again. Since I was adopted it would make sense that if I legally disown them they won't have any legal rights to my child either. Suggestions?

J

jessiebye

P.S. They found me this time using a private investigator because I denied them grandparent visitation rights.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jessiebye said:
Don't be retarded. I'm 32 years old and I OWN my own home. The problem is that before I decided that guys suck I had a child by one. My parents are rich republicans and they don't like the fact that I'm in a 4 year lesbian relationship. They have sued me for rights to my child. I am winning the case so far but I don't want this to be able to happen again. Since I was adopted it would make sense that if I legally disown them they won't have any legal rights to my child either. Suggestions?

My response:

You know, you must be the bull dyke between the two of you. How many flannel shirts do you own?

I was going to help you further, but all you've done is give us stupid statements like "Don't be retarded". Then, you give us more facts about your situation that should have been in your INITIAL post. How are WE supposed to know what's going on if you didn't tell us?

You're on your own. PAY for the answers you want. You've got a BIG bug up your fat lesbian ass - - and yes, I'm a man, and it's no damn wonder why men can't stand you.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">