• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

oklahoma divorce ammendment???Help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pbrook00

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Oklahoma

My friend has filed for divorce including a signed waiver to appear from the spouse, agreeing to the terms of the divorce. Since the original file date the soon to be x-spouse has broken into the house, taken over $3,000.00 worth of belongings some mine, and proceeded to vandalize the house. The police are involved and there is a potential felony warrant in the soon to be x's near future. In the original petition and decree( which has not been signed by the judge yet) my friend agreed to pay the "soon to be x-spouse" 1700.00 over a six month period. OUr question is can we ammend the decree due to the fact that the soon to be x-spouse has stolen in excess of the amount my friend was set to pay?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">