• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adultery and divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frylover

What is the name of your state? LA

This question applies to my brother in law's situation but I also happen to be very curious about it.

I found the following at a site on Louisiana law

We are frequently asked the question "Why not just have both parties agree that there was adultery if they want a quick divorce?"

The answer to that is clear. There has to be independent proof of the adultery. Otherwise, the divorce is considered collusive and will not be granted.

If I am understanding this right, it doesn't matter if my brother in law and sister in law go into court and she says "he cheated on me, he admitted it" (he did) and he says "yes, I did", they would still have to have real proof, correct?

Weird. But since she has no real proof and it sounds as if the court won't take his word for it, they'll have to sit out the waiting period.

C

cananyonehelp

frylover said:
if my brother in law and sister in law go into court and she says "he cheated on me, he admitted it" (he did) and he says "yes, I did", they would still have to have real proof, correct?

Weird. .
Weird! anit the word for a bother-in-law and sister-in-law going into court and saying one cheated on the other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">