• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can someone Refuse to be seen by a non AMA doctor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ABild

What is the name of your state? Maryland

OK here's the story folks, My husband is going before a doctor tomorrow at 11 and I need to know if he can refuse treatment since I found out that the doctor dosen't have his AMA licence. I did some research on him after getting this funny feeling to do so and I found some really shocking stories about him and his practices. HELP we need to know what to do. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

rmet4nzkx

The AMA is a professional organization, not an administrative licensing board, thus there is no " AMA license" and no requirement for membership. The AMA maintains a data base of doctors and students whether or not they are members. You can check with the Medical board in Maryland at "AIM DOCFINDER" to check on their license.
As to treatment, is your husband being referred to this doctor for some reason and therefore wants to know his options or is he self referred?

ellencee

ABild
Please remove the name of the physician from your post. It is appropriate to only state 'a physician' or such and not to provide identifying information.
Thanks,
EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">