• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

freak5

dog

freak5 said:
What is the name of your state? minnesota
have had dog for 2 years and almost 8 months...old owner knew I had her and stated that she was glad 'cuz she coulndn't have her...came to see her a few times and now after all this time she wants her back and is taking me to court on August 2nd. Can she legally get her back?

S

saar1234

Dog Posession

State is Pa. Just had this situation in our town. Person took dog to SPCA who adopted it out to a loving family. Person wanted the dog back and instead of new owner going through the courts gave the dog back which tore up their little girls heart. Would like to know how you made out. Curious to know if new owner would have won this case. Thanks

S

Shannoncl

Minnesota

saar1234 said:
State is Pa. Just had this situation in our town. Person took dog to SPCA who adopted it out to a loving family. Person wanted the dog back and instead of new owner going through the courts gave the dog back which tore up their little girls heart. Would like to know how you made out. Curious to know if new owner would have won this case. Thanks
Minnesota
I am going through the same thing, I have to go to court to get my dog back also. I don't know how to go about getting her back after 3 months! I the person that has her says that if I want her back I will have to go the court. But I don't know what the process is or anything. Can anyone help me?

BelizeBreeze

And nothing matters at all in either of your two situations because they are in different states and different courts.

now, poster, either come back and answer the question on the table (what are the circumstances surrounding your possession of the dog) or forget it. There are more important issues to deal with elsewhere.

S

Shannoncl

Dog possession

Shannoncl - Minnesota
My 1 1/2 yr old shepard had attacked a cat in my neighborhood, As a resulult of that I decided to place her with a so-called friend and co-worker at work temporarly. We discussed everything like visitation and food and etc. before I placed her with him. If I knew that I would have a problem going to see her then I would have never placed her where she is now! I am confident that she will be safe and in my yard from now on. I feel my only choice now is going to court to get her back. I found out that my girl is in a kennel for 8 to 12 hrs. a day not mention that he also has 8 other dogs at his house that he cares for that are also in crates too. Then at the farm he rents he's has 30 other shepards. So as far as I am concerned returning my dog shouldn't be that hard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">