• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is there anything more i can do???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

raymond/father

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?washington
my divorce was final last month. we had been togather for 8 years and married 5.5 years. 2 children, zero debt; except our beautiful house. we had sold an allstate ins business (she was the agent) and had 70k in the business chking acct when i was served and had 24hrs to leave. the day before i was served i discovered her affair. she lied during the gal investigation as she admmited to the court and has lied about everthing. i thought atleast the settlement would be fair....not even close. i'm a full-time college student and it was our plan (which i had proof of) that i quit work to attend full-time day classes because the night classes did not offer science. her lawyer made me out to be this dead beat dad. i had been recieving 2k per mo. and of that i was giving her 750$ per mo. for half the daycare. she was making at the time $7000 per mo. the judge awarded me 14k equity in the house(payable in 5 years?), her 56k? she spent 50k of the business accnt. she said 30k in legal fee's and did'nt mention the other 20k? (we had been seperated 10 mo at the time) she said she would pay the childrens health care. the judge said i would pay half?
she got all tyhe household furnishings all! i got nothing? the judge said it was a short term marriage and was to put us bact to where we were before we were married. i was debt free and paid off all her debt and put us in the position we had made it to. now i'm in debt 20k she is debt free and has the house and kids. she pays me $800 per mo maintence until i grad in 2006 and 1k per mo from sale of the business however, the judge said i could work 30 hrs a week and therefore my support obligation is 1125. per mo. all said and done i had $730 per mo and she has over 8k per month. in addition, during the 10 month seperation, i had 2k per mo. to live on and of that i was paying her $750 per mo., she was making 7k per mo. as well as spending community assets totaling over 13k per mo.. the judge awarded me 14k (of 70K) equity payable in 5 years @ 7.5% int. he awarded her back support of $3,600 @ 12%???? is this fair and equtable???is there anything more i can do??..yes, i know my lawyer totally dropped the ball (and it only cost me 21K)!!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">