• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tuition Reimbursement - several years later...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

johnnyavacodo

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

I was terminated from a job 3-5 years ago while attending school at night using a tuition reimbursement forgiveness loan from an employer. A month after I left, they sent a letter demanding payment. I responded with a request for a legitimate loan, which went unanswered for more than 4 years. I thought this would be a dead issue and it never went on my credit report.

Are these employer sponsored loans real loans that can go on your credit report? It seems to me that if they were, even though they have no stated interest rate or time period, the company would already have gone through the process. Its bizarre that I'm being contacted more than four years later.

1) Can it go on the credit report? Even 4 years after termination.
2) Should I wait for a written action on the company's part before taking action?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">