• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

worried parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lashaunda

my husband filed for divorce ,since the fee would be waived and i did not answer the divorce summons because i did not know i had to . i was in agreement with joint custody and waived child support. my husband found out that we could not waive child support without notifying me. i found out when i called the court so they told me i waived my rights because i did not answer the divorce summons but i could file for child custody and support before the judge signs the papers and thats what i did. my husband does not know that i did this he is still waiting for me to give him an answer regarding my son living with him. i told him no numerous of times so now he will not return my son back to me from school vacation. im distraught, worried, cant eat , and i dont know what else to do please someone help!!!!!

A

angelsange

I, for one, would call the police. You have joint custody, but only at certain times, right?

If he doesn't return your son to you, he is in violation of the order and is breaking the law. He might very well be ruining his chances of getting his son again.

Also, contact a family law attorney ASAP. If you cannot afford one there are usually organizations that will help you for free.

Best wishes!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">