• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court next week

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whitsmom

My husband and another man (Bill-who has become a good friend of ours) have children with the same woman and she gave custody of the children to them. We live in FL and all live in the same town. This mom didn't bother to show up for her custody hearing regarding her son (my step son) and seldom sees any of the kids for visitation (usually several weeks in between visits.)

Bill has court next week for child support from her and he is asking for the custody situation to be changed from shared with him having physical residence to him having sole custody because mom has been absent 90% of the time and doesn't voluntarily contribute a cent. (my husband didn't ask for support-he has sole custody.)

I know the custody may not change under the circumstances, but this weekend mom pulled a doozey and we wanted to find out how he can bring this up in court.

Long story...Mom hasn't seen the kids for both her weekends of the month in almost 2 years. She had them 2 weeks ago and wanted them again this weekend which was a surprise. She knew Bill and fiancee had plans to go away for the weekend. She called us on Thursday and said my step son couldn't come over after all...no surprise. Friday, Bill dropped his kids off with her at 6pm. He didn't get out of the neighborhood and mom called him and told him to come back and get the kids, that her and new hubby were fighting. New hubby walks outside and appologizes. Mom sends the kids out (the 3 year old didn't even have time to get her shoes on.)

Bill's fiancee went back about an hour later to pick up 3 y/o's shoes and new hubby comes outside:

He tells her that mom has been drinking A LOT lately and that afternoon, they stopped to have a drink after work. At 10 minutes to six, new hubby had to threaten to leave her there because she didn't want to leave the bar. She said, "F-them" she laughed and said, "See, they THOUGHT they were going to the beach this weekend."

When the kids got dropped off mom got mad (for now having to stay home with them) and threw stereo speakers at new hubby (in front of the kids) and called Bill to get kids. After Bill left with the kids she left with another man and new hubby supposedly changed the locks while she was gone. WHEW!!

Bill has done all of the paper work for the divorce and this modification himself (with a typing service.) Can he file a memo or letter telling the judge about this last incident so the judge can have some idea of what he deals with with this woman. This happened right in front of her two girls and the nine year old was devistated. She came over to play with my daughter later and was just a mess.

Can he let the judge know this by letter or memo or does he have to wait and try to bring it up at the hearing next week. Thanks for you time in reading this and for you response.

W

whitsmom

I don't know if this matters, but "Bill" isn't his real name :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">