• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dept. Motor Vehicles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wundrtek

Arizona Resident
I have a clean driving record for more than 7 yrs. 1.5 yrs. ago got speeding ticket for 40 in 30, paid fine. Over. In 1998 I got pulled for DUI. Case dismissed. License suspended for 1 yr. as of Nov. 2000 relating to 1998 DUI. Required to carry SR-22 for 3 yrs. SR-22 up in Nov. 2003. Insurance lapsed for 3 months in July of 2003. and license suspended for no mandatory insurance. Got SR-22 and everything legal again in Nov. 2003. DMV said carry for 3 more months till Feb 24th of 2004. In March cancelled SR-22, but still have insurance. In June of 2004 DMV suspends license, registration, and plates for not having SR-22, and letting insurance lapse for 3 months. Denied hearing in this matter. According to ARS 28-4088.
Can they do this?
Can they require you to carry 2 SR-22's at the same time?
Have I paid my dues and then some?
How do I file a suit against DMV?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">