• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i was beaten & strangled to near death while in the bathroom @ work, no security cams

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

velo_horizon

i was beaten & strangled to near death while in the bathroom @ work, no security cams

Idaho : main points are,
night auditor for hotel, beaten and strangled in public bathroom while on the clock, no memory b/c of head injuries, blood drops everywhere shows bleeding before i hit the ground. pics at http://www.remoteviewing.tk click "sneak attack".

police asked for security camera tapes, they found out there had been no working cameras for approx. six months. is the hotel in any legal hot water ? do they need security camera tapes for their type of business?

the police have done nothing, i suppose b/c they had no leads.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

velo_horizon said:
Idaho : main points are,
night auditor for hotel, beaten and strangled in public bathroom while on the clock, no memory b/c of head injuries, blood drops everywhere shows bleeding before i hit the ground. pics at http://www.remoteviewing.tk click "sneak attack".

police asked for security camera tapes, they found out there had been no working cameras for approx. six months. is the hotel in any legal hot water ? do they need security camera tapes for their type of business?

My response:

No, and no.

IAAL

M

markraby

Isn't it illegal to install cameras in a public restroom?

--Mark--

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

markraby said:
Isn't it illegal to install cameras in a public restroom?

--Mark--

My response:

I'm sure he's not talking about "in the bathroom". I think, although he didn't explain it properly, that he's wondering about cameras outside the bathroom entrance, BEFORE he was taken inside, where he eventually had the crap beat out of him. The video in the common walking areas would probably show the faces of the perpetrators.

IAAL

V

velo_horizon

nonworking cams were outside the bathroom

the non working cams were outside the bathroom in the lobby, i was beaten after i entered the bathroom.

esq2B

Consult an attorney about suing your employer under a negligence theory...since they are considered an "innkeeper" they have a higher standard of care and are to take reasonable precautions to avoid such crimes being committed. You haven't given enough facts, but it would be worth your wild to consult an attorney

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

esq2B said:
Consult an attorney about suing your employer under a negligence theory...since they are considered an "innkeeper" they have a higher standard of care and are to take reasonable precautions to avoid such crimes being committed. You haven't given enough facts, but it would be worth your wild to consult an attorney

My response:

First, let me say, "What a load of crap!"

All because the "employer" is an Innkeeper doesn't mean they have a "higher standard of care" to their employees! Cameras are NOT required by law. They are installed for the safety of the business premises - - not to protect any particular person or class of people.

Second, the phrase is not "worth your wild" The proper phrase is, "worth your while".

Third, he already consulted an attorney. Injuries occurring while within the course and scope of employment fall within the ambit of Worker's Compensation law. Period.

Geez, I sure hope you learn more, and better, in school.

IAAL

V

velo_horizon

taken care of

i've learned that basicaly i have no rights, the hotel does not have to have any safety peraphanalia.
even though there was a bar that with a lot of fights that was part of the hotel, i guess it was still not considered a super dangerous area.
the attempted robery of me and/or the hotel was just a sad event in life.
the ear, nose, throat doctor said i'll be back to normal within two years.
i am now learning remote viewing and have a better job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">