• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moving out of state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jamie93

Im in mississippi. I have been told by 2 different attorneys that my ex cannot keep me from moving out of state as long as reasonable visitation is maintained. Is this correct? Our( attorney) proposed visitation is one weekend a month and all school vacations except for 1 week in the summer and alternating holidays(thanksgiving, christmans, easter and july 4th) Does this seem reasonable and can he stop me from leaving? I am planning to move to missouri and currently would be 3 hr drive with both of us driving half way.

Thank you

please give me some advice I am so worried about this

[This message has been edited by Jamie93 (edited September 22, 2000).]

J

Jamie93

somebody help me out here i am a little anxious :)

Really I am freaking a little

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jamie93:
Im in mississippi. I have been told by 2 different attorneys that my ex cannot keep me from moving out of state as long as reasonable visitation is maintained. Is this correct? Our( attorney) proposed visitation is one weekend a month and all school vacations except for 1 week in the summer and alternating holidays(thanksgiving, christmans, easter and july 4th) Does this seem reasonable and can he stop me from leaving? I am planning to move to missouri and currently would be 3 hr drive with both of us driving half way.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This amount of visitation is too much.. every school period ? At the very least, share spring break (every other year) and summer should be split in half.

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

J

Jamie93

well, i thought i guess that if i was generous with visitation he would be less likely to fight me but i tend to be too generous i will talk with attorney next week maybe can come up with a plan
thanks
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LegalBeagle:

This amount of visitation is too much.. every school period ? At the very least, share spring break (every other year) and summer should be split in half.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">