• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moving, please give me some advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jamie93

In mississippi, can my exspouse keep me from moving out of state. and when it comes tme to move what do i do. If i am very generous with visitation will that help?

Please tell me something thanks

A

angelsange

Please read my situation titled "Trying to leave New Jersey," LegalBeagle gave me some great advice and the conversations cover some of your query.

Good luck!

J

Jamie93

thanks a lot anglesange,it makes sense when i read it and have been told pretty much the same by attorneys but it scares me when my ex makes threats you know. I feel much better, keep us up to date on how it goes for you. btw I love huntsville is a great town <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by angelsange:
Please read my situation titled "Trying to leave New Jersey," LegalBeagle gave me some great advice and the conversations cover some of your query.

Good luck!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jamie93:
thanks a lot anglesange,it makes sense when i read it and have been told pretty much the same by attorneys but it scares me when my ex makes threats you know. I feel much better, keep us up to date on how it goes for you. btw I love huntsville is a great town <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't deal with your ex unless it is via recorded methods.. letters, email etc.. then you capture all his threats. Also, this board is filled with people reporting their ex's are threatening a,b,c etc.. Stick the the facts and what the law says.. give him 30 days written notice of your intent to move. He can threaten you all he wants but his ONLY course of action is to petition the courts.

Be warned though.. that when the CP moves out of state, the NCP can also petition to increase visitation duration and possible payment for extra cost for visitation.

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

A

angelsange

By-the-way, I have lived for a few years with the same threats. Such as, telling me that I am insane and that he would take her away from me. I even had his mother and sister tell the courts that I am an alcoholic and that they always have to take my daughter when I am hungover (which is funny because I hardly ever even have a drink and my ex is the one with the problem)Won't happen I know. I am her mother and primary caregiver. You, like me, have to learn to toughen up. Hopefully, a good lawyer will help you out.

Be strong, your baby needs you. I will be thinking about you and hope that it all works out. Keep us posted.

btw, I am very excited to live in the South. Esp. Huntsville. It seems very people friendly and it sort of reminds me of So. Ca. as far as landscape (a little redder though). I desire greatly to leave NJ.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">