• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Replica purses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpmeplease123

What is the name of your state? COLORADO

I have tried to read up on this and cannot get a straight answer.

Is it legal to sell replica purses if your selling them only on the internet and stating they are fake?

If not what can happen if your more of a small timer?

Also, is it illegal to sell them as real if they are not? What can happen? What if you say that you thought they were real?

Please respond! Thanks.

BelizeBreeze

Is it legal to sell replica purses if your selling them only on the internet and stating they are fake?
No.

Fines and jail time.

Also, is it illegal to sell them as real if they are not?
(see above)

What can happen?
(see above)

What if you say that you thought they were real?
The judge, jury and the entire courtroom will laugh in your face for being so stupid.

Tayla

helpmeplease123 said:
What is the name of your state? COLORADO

I have tried to read up on this and cannot get a straight answer.

Also, is it illegal to sell them as real if they are not? What can happen? What if you say that you thought they were real?

Please respond! Thanks.
My Response: read up on copyright,patent law,manufacturer rights,advertising laws,and fraud cases in the designer industry. I think you'll do well by doing the homework to find your answers on this.

wtd

Probably you mean counterfeit, not replica.

Replicas of lots of things are available, they simply look like the original with no logo's, brand names, etc. Automobile hubcaps and athletic shoes come to mind as examples. So this would probably be OK.

Counterfeits on the other hand - verboten, no doubt - as these would be a duplicate of the original and intended to be deceptive.

The rest of your questions are just ridiculous.

wtd

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">