• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce in de

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

surffish

I filed for divorce (no attorney)first week in July. Family court said it would take three weeks for processing and then, because I do not know my husbands address, it would be published in the local paper for twenty days. After that time period, I could request a hearing. The publication went out August 2, 2000 and on August 24,2000 I sent in my request for a hearing to take place on September 28, 2000.This was the earliest date available. My husband sent a letter to family court on Septembe 6,2000 saying he wanted service to his address and now they won't schedule my hearing!!! I thought he had to respond within those twenty days. He didn't respond, that's why I requested the hearing. Hope I have included enough info to get an answer. Thanks!!!

[This message has been edited by surffish (edited September 23, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">