• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

another possesion question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

surffish

My husband and I separated in Dec of 1998. I left with only my personal belongings. In June of 2000, one month before I filed for divorce, he left his tractor( he's a truck driver) in my father's yard. My dad called the sheriff, who has it on record that it was left there on a specific date. Both my husband and my name is on the title, although he did not leave the title with the truck, just a copy.(We own it, no liens)It has now been in my dad's yard for almost 4 months with no word from my husband. Is this considered abandoned? My dad lives in Maryland and I'm not sure what to do with this truck or what he should do. I can probably file for a lost title, but then what? Can my dad get a title based on abandonment? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm hoping this divorce will go through soon but I'm uncertain which direction to head. My life is kind of overwhelmed right now.Any ideas?

[This message has been edited by surffish (edited September 23, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">