• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breach of contract or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

burgervanman

scotland, uk

hello, im not sure if you can help me but i have a problem with a contract.

the contract was for a timeshare abroad which me and my girlfreinds at the time both signed and agreed to pay the 7000 pound over 3 years.

i paid the full amount all by myself and she said she didnt want anything to do with and shortly after we split up, leaveing me with this timeshare and 7 grand out of pocket.

i asked her for her half of the money recently and she said no as she didnt want it so i said i was going to sell it and we could share the loss if it made a loss.

is there a way i could get the money from her as she has signed these contracts to say she was going to but ive paid it all as i thought i would help her out as she had no money at the time but as time went by she left and i have the bad debt. we were going out together for 5 years and she refused my offer of a small amount towards the loss, it is on the market for 6000 and we'll be lucky to get 4 or 5 i fear. I feel hard done by and i want her to cough up for what she agreed too in first place then we can sort it hopefully.

can you give me any good advice?
thanks.
leon

HomeGuru

burgervanman said:
scotland, uk

hello, im not sure if you can help me but i have a problem with a contract.

the contract was for a timeshare abroad which me and my girlfreinds at the time both signed and agreed to pay the 7000 pound over 3 years.

i paid the full amount all by myself and she said she didnt want anything to do with and shortly after we split up, leaveing me with this timeshare and 7 grand out of pocket.

i asked her for her half of the money recently and she said no as she didnt want it so i said i was going to sell it and we could share the loss if it made a loss.

is there a way i could get the money from her as she has signed these contracts to say she was going to but ive paid it all as i thought i would help her out as she had no money at the time but as time went by she left and i have the bad debt. we were going out together for 5 years and she refused my offer of a small amount towards the loss, it is on the market for 6000 and we'll be lucky to get 4 or 5 i fear. I feel hard done by and i want her to cough up for what she agreed too in first place then we can sort it hopefully.

can you give me any good advice?
thanks.
leon
**A: US Law Only!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">