• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I entitled to any compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Amyann72

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Kansas

:confused: My 1999 Mercury was sitting outside a small auto shop waiting to be repaired ( timing belt went out). That night someone or somehow the car next to mine was set on fire. :eek: My car received damage on the drivers side to the doors and rear bumper and some interior was barely melted on just the rear door. If my insurance company totals my car do I have any legal right to being compensated for having to buy a different car since the car was not in "my" care at the time of the damage? My car's apprasial value / blue book is around 3500 - to buy one for a dealer would be about twice that amount. The car was in good condition and only had 62000 miles on it. I don't see how it is right/fair that I would have to pay the "extra" money to get a car in about the same shape etc. when I left it in the care of an automotive shop to be repaired and the damage in question occured there. To make matters worse and more complicated........the car was at the auto shop after they had already fixed it once and it broke down again ( I got 2 miles down the road after picking it up and the "new" timing belt had been installed ) If insurance DOES NOT total my car must I pay the deductable? Would not the auto shop be responsible since it was back in the shop for repairs of their mistake?

Sincerely,

Amyann

BelizeBreeze

Sure, hire an attorney and prove that the auto shop set the car on fire and then stood around and watched as yours was damaged. Then have that same attorney prove that your car was worth high bluebook value with a faulty timing chain.

After all of that, then try to collect.

BelizeBreeze

I guess you've never eaten horse steaks then.

Because that reply is all you are getting. Unless, of course, you have something else in mind. Like getting full retail value for a broken down wreck of a car that you were upside down in.

Dream on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">