• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Strange situation, can I move back in?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BobbyD

What is the name of your state?
Pa

After discovering my wifes most recent affair I moved out of our house and into an apartment. I pretty much left with the clothes on my back while she had everything. Call me stupid but I never knew how much money we had in savings or how much she made with her private company. She must have been making three or four times what she declared on our joint tax return since she kept up the payments on her own. It's been two and one half years and I want my money out of the house to get myself back on my feet. Through a divorce I would get the short end because our savings was in cash or CD's that I would not be able to account for, She would get half of my retirement and I'd break even with the house winding up right where I am.
My question is due I have the right to move back into my house, get her new boyfriend out, fix it back up and force a sale since it is still in my name?

BelizeBreeze

Then file for partition. You don't have to move back into the house to do that and I wouldn't advise it.

You also never said if you were divorced yet or not.

B

BobbyD

not Divorced

No, I'm not divorced yet. I'm afraid that if I filed and it got into finances either our savings would be hidden or her tax fraud would be discovered and we would lose the house since we used to file jointly.
Is a Lawyer needed to file partition?
Thanks for the response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">