• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purpose of Life Insurance policy on NCP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

linda862

Can someone explain what the purpose of an insurance policy is on a NCP for the beneficiary of a child. Is it for the sole purpose of assuring the child support will be maintained in the event of death?

LegalBeagle

Of course, if you take a 1M policy out and the NCP dies in suspious circumstance then prepare to received a knock at the door ! :)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LegalBeagle:
and it should be pro-rata to how many posts each person has made over the last 3 months.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Your 865 to my 4,015? I don't care how you cut it, I win!

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:

Your 865 to my 4,015? I don't care how you cut it, I win!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is why I said the last 3 months .. although a quick cal shows that you have posted more on average per month.. but only just..

However, if you take out the 200 flirt posts then I win without the need for a recount !

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LegalBeagle:
That is why I said the last 3 months .. although a quick cal shows that you have posted more on average per month.. but only just..

However, if you take out the 200 flirt posts then I win without the need for a recount !
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Flirt posts. Flirt Posts? I fully intend to ask Always Searching to be my bride (in the next 10 years or so). So, I would hardly call them "flirt posts". I'm still not sure if I'm going to ask her now, and have a real long engagement, or ask in the 9th year, and make it a short engagement.

And besides, your 90 day probation period isn't up yet. You still have a few more days left.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited September 23, 2000).]

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
Flirt posts. Flirt Posts? I fully intend to ask Always Searching to be my bride (in the next 10 years or so). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you do, then you will not have to put your pension in the pre-nup as you will already be claiming it ..

Gee, been a long time since I was on a 90 day probation .. beauty of working for yourself..

LB.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

If you do, then you will not have to put your pension in the pre-nup as you will already be claiming it ..

Gee, been a long time since I was on a 90 day probation .. beauty of working for yourself..

LB.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Oh, ha, ha, LB. I'm not so old . . . a little decrepit, but not old.

See ya on the swing shift, tomorrow. Hasta banana . . .

IAAL

------------------

N

newmom

Is this life insurance policy something that is only ordered for divorced persons??? My daughter's father has not been ordered to take out a life insurance policy, however I did ask him to. He pays support in the amount of $795 per month including back support. He has seen his daughter 1 time in 10 months. I don't believe he has yet done the life insurance, nor do I really think he plans on it. Why can't a court order him to do so without me filing a petition with the court for it?? This should be a given, she should still be able to lead a "financially secure" life if he were to pass away. I can afford to take care of her myself at the moment with no problem, but I also think it's his responsibility to help out (regardless if I want it or not).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">