• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carla28s

What is the name of your state? California

My daughter was born 3 weeks after her father was killed in a fatal car accident. I applied for survivor benefits for her but social security keeps denying my claim because of proof of paternity. I got written statements from the grandfather, and from friends who Gabriel ( the father ) told them himself before he died that I was pregnant with his baby but that wasn't enough for them. I can't afford a paternity test, and besides that the grandmother is in mexico. I've read a little about the different paternity tests, and I know there's the grandparents paternity test when there is one absent parent. But what can I do when she out of the state and I have very little info. on exactly her whereabouts? So I'd have a hard time doing the grandparent test? What can I do? Thank you

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">