• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is our names and when we got married

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kcowboy37

whitney. texas
i am the possessory conservator. i am the father. i have three childern, i have one of the three childern living with me. the other child which is 17 is not living with his mother and is living with his uncle. the third child just moved back to her mothers. i had her for the last 4 months. she has filed on child support for all three childern so i am paying for the one child that lives with me. what i am saying is she saying she has custody of all three and actually she has only one living with her. and here i am paying her child support for the one living with me i work 50 hrs a week and i donot have a lot of money to spend . what do i do??? also a year ago i had one of my kids for 8 months and i still payed my child support for the three. please someone give me some good advice thanks

MySonsMom

You need to file for custody of the child that is living with you. Therefore you can get your child support adjusted accordingly. Since you have not done this, it appears to the courts that your X has custody of all of the children, nothing more and nothing less. You then are still entitled to the child support that is court ordered. Since both of you have one child, usually child support will/could be eliminated between the two of you (depending upon circumstances) and both of you should be responsible for paying the uncle child support for the third. If this is a permanent thing, why not have guardianship changed to the Uncle for that child. If you want the courts/law to work in your favor, you need to go through them to get it. That means filing for your own custody of that one child, and getting things worked out regarding everything. Good luck!

------------------
*There is no love, like the unconditional love of a Mother*

-I am not an Attorney, any advice given is strictly advice-

S

skorpio

Prove where the children are and were. Seek Counsel and go to court. ALso My sons mom gave some good info, But still seek counsel

Skorpio

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">