• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandoned Mommom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

katnurse65

What is the name of your state?DE
I posted last month asking for advice on parental rights for my daughter and you all were very helpful. Now I'm asking for me.
My daughter, age 19, moved in with her boyfriend, not the bio-dad, a few weeks ago. Since then she has brought my grandson to see me a couple of times. She recently found out he inherited von Willebrands disease from his father (a cousin of hemophilia) because he has been bruising more than usual. He apparently (according to my mother) took a fall and had to be seen for severe bruising at the hospital and my daughter took the time to tell the daycare, the MD, the hospital, and my mom that no one has been abusing him. He supposedly fell down steps and has a bad bruise on his bottom. I know I can call child protective and have it investigated, but I am afraid all contact will be stopped by her, or rather, by him, since he is running the show. My daughter is supposed to bring my grandson to my mom's for a visit Saturday - she was supposed to last Saturday, but he "developed a fever" - oh, yes, I'm a nurse and I'm pretty good at dealing with fevers. Please help.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What exactly do you want to know? Yes, if you feel the child might be being abused, you can call CPS. You should then expect that you will not be seeing much of your grandchild. Do you think she's lying to you about his illness? I can tell you that if one of my children had such a disease that COULD be interpreted as abuse by a required reporter, I'd be making sure to tell anyone and everyone what the diagnosis was.

Of course, if you have reason to believe that the child IS being abused, then you know what you need to do - regardless of the consequenses to yourself.

As for her not bringing the child to your mother's due to a fever? That's her right. Sick children often do better simply staying home instead of being carted around visiting. Whether grandma's a nurse or not. She's the kid's mother - she gets to make those decisions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">