• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just divorced but ex filing bankruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Blondye

State is WY.We have a divorce decree signed by the court Sep 5,2000. I have filed a reconsideration on Sep 8 that has not been ruled on. I was awarded the residence and all debt of the residence. The residence is held jointly and I have no quitdeed from ex.He was awarded investment property(undeveloped land) and income producing property (apt complex)with the associated debt. I have not signed quitdeed on property. Apt is sold and I signed closing papers. Ex left home at end of Jan 00 moved to another state. He has not worked since leaving. He has accumulated hugh credit card debt. All credit cards are in his name only. They are not joint accounts. The debt was not accrued while he lived here but was accrued before the court decree date. He has not filed bankruptcy yet. He is manic depressive. Can the creditors hold me responsible for the credit card debt and any other debt included in the bankruptcy and can they take the residence and pay those debts. Anything I can do to prevent?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">