• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collecting for Medical bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ckbaby

I live in the state of Washington. I would like to know how do I go about collecting for medical expenses I have allready paid for out of pocket (approx.$3000.00). It states in the order of child support that my ex is to pay for 44% of the our childs extraordinary health care expenses. He has never had medical for son. Our son is now 9 years old. I was wondering if I just called support enforcement if they would add it to the whooping $55.00 a week child support. At least he has been paying that for about 3 years the majority of the time. I have medical for my son thank god for that. Or else I would have been up a creek with out a paddle. So, if I provided proper info to child support enforcement would it be their obligation to collect that or would I need to get a separate court order for that?
Thank you any info would be a help. I am still paying for medical expenses mostly Dental.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">