• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex won't repay loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

erikcroes

What is the name of your state?TX
I lent my ex girlfriend approx $4000.00 by letting her use my credit cards in October and November last year (2003). one credit card was used to pay for travelling expenses she incurred to visit her best friend's wedding. with the other one she bought appliances. i have receipts w/ her signature on it, and she has paid me back $750.00 but has stopped making payments during the last 6 months. if i sue her in small claims court, do i have a chance of recovering my money?
furthermore, after i moved out wehn we broke up, she kept some of my possessions].I can prove that they are mine, but she refuses to return them. Any chance of recovering them in a small claims court?

I appreciate your help in this matter

JETX

Actually, the CORRECT answers are.....
Yes and No.

The Texas small claims court cannot order the return of property... only the value of the the 'missing' property and the hope that the property be returned in lieu of payment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">