• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help father doesn't know rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sparkett

My husband needs help. His ex told him she could no longer control son and her parents were entefreing. He picked son up we welcomed him and enrolled him in school. He had made friends and acted happy. His mom said he had to be in wedding so he had to go to her parents. Now she called and said son wants to live with grandparents and they took him to a lawyer and at 13 he can decide himself where to live. My hsband is devastated he saw a chance to get closer with his son and they snatched it from him. When he argued she said she will take him back and change schools and he can go to her parents as she sees fit and he can't do anything about it. They called our home and pressured his son to be in wedding and come to their home they asked him all about our home if I worked was he ever left alone etc. I heard him tell them he was happy here and was going to try it first. Then when they get him it all changed. What can my husband do? Mom says theres nothing he can say about it he is her child and she can do what she wants. They have also told lies about me stating I am a alcoholic. I don't drink I can't I have a muscle disorder and take medication and I do not mix it is dangerous. I just hate to see them come between father and son. Please help we live in Texas.Can grandparents get rights before dad?

------------------
Sparkett

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, there was a supreme court ruling that diminished grandparents' rights. If they are spreading false statements about you, as a side note, you can sue them for slander or libel (both defamation).

Now, as to getting his son back, may I suggest you get a family law attorney in your state to file a motion to amend the order.

Contrary to what the Mom says, she doesn't have the ONLY say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">