• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification for change in circumstance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

persistence

In MA, if the non-custodial parent is on disability, and just got remarried, does this mean I can go ask the court for more child support?
Can I find out if the non-custodial parent either inherited money, or received money from a law suit?
What if the non-custodial parent lives in obvious comfort and claims it is not his?

Just a personal note: I have come a long way in accepting this situation. The non-custodial parent does not bother to hide the obvious upgrade in living situation. It just seems unfair that my child and I are stuck in a tiny, one bedroom, while the other parent is living a much more comfortable lifestyle. It is obvious he is working although at the same time is collecting disability from the government. I have tried to solve the financial problems I have by myself, it's just not working...
Any information that you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

MySonsMom

IAAL: This "demand for income" letter, can only an attorney send it to the child support payor or can *we* send it to them requesting the info? If *we* can, where can we find such a form? And if the income is at a range where it won't be raised, are *we* obligated to proceed with anything, or just end the process until the following year? (*we*=ordinary people) :)

------------------
*There is no love, like the unconditional love of a Mother*

-I am not an Attorney, any advice given is strictly advice-

P

persistence

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
My response:

Inheritances and money from personal injury lawsuits are exempt from attachment or being used to figure child support - - except in severe, extreme, and dire circumstances.

However, on the brighter side of things, you are allowed, once per year, to send your ex-husband a Demand for Income and Expense Declaration. This will show you where his money is coming from, and also which funds you are able to go after. The Demand does NOT require you to go back to court, because as long as the child is a minor, your file stays open. However, once you and your attorney get a response to the Demand, you can easily have the child support increased to today's standards, and in accord with the wealth of your ex-husband. A child, under the law, is to live in the lifestyle of the non-custodial parent . . . and if you should benefit from that increase, the law says, in essence . . . tough S H I T !!

Go get him!! I'd love to see the look on his face when he gets the Demand in the mail.

IAAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank you for the information. I hope it yields some results. If you'd like, I could send you an update. (Unfortunately it would not include a photo of the look on his face when he gets the Demand in the mail.)
Sincerely,

Persistence

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

[/b][/QUOTE]
Thank you for the information. I hope it yields some results. If you'd like, I could send you an update. (Unfortunately it would not include a photo of the look on his face when he gets the Demand in the mail.)
Sincerely,

Persistence[/B][/QUOTE]

My response:

Update, shmupdate. Who cares? But, if it does yield positive results for you, you can send me my fee, c/o FreeAdvice.Com.

Good luck to you, kiddo.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited September 25, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">