• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No definite job description

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

franz-27

What is the name of your state?CA

When we were hired, we were just given vague job titles but the work is pretty much "do-as-you-are-told" type of a deal. This makes it pretty ask for a job performance review if two or more people are asked to do the same thing you are even if they are supposed to have different job descriptions. Shouldn't there be a definite job title/description for each employee? Something formally written down somewhere?

O

okamsrazor

I am sure that would be helpful to you. But no, not legally.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
While there are certainly advantages to having a written job description, it is not required by law.

J

john_seed

Franz, I was hired under one job description when the actual job itself was something completely different. My title was Programmer/Analyst, but my job was Fulfillment Project Manager. Go figure...

Anyway, as unfair as it seems...the legal experts on this board said that the company did nothing illegal. Our HR department said the same thing and said they can't do anything to fix it.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">