• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody Battle - False information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kickinit

RE: Divorce between Roy and Carrie (Mary is Carrie’s mother)

STATE OF ARIZONA

My sister recently went through a very long, bitter divorce and custody battle. The battle ended with the father obtaining custody.

The father submitted false information about our mother who I will call Mary. Mary and I picked up all the court papers from my sister’s attorney and started slowly going through them.

Originally we were looking to see what we could do about the remarks made against Mary, our mother, but we ended up finding numerous documents submitted to the courts that have been falsified. I am certain that 90 % if not all the information submitted to the courts by Roy is false or he used false information to coerce people to make statements they made.

A few examples: 1. Court ordered parenting classes. Roy submitted a certificate that states he
completed the parenting course. We called the school and he never attended.

2. A two-page affidavit written and Signed by Roy stating five teachers had made derogatory remarks against Carrie (mother). First, two of the people are not teachers and do not work at that particular school. Second, we have contacted the teachers and we were told they did not want to be involved and did not make the statements Roy has said they made.

3. Roy forged Carries name to tax returns that are incorrect.

4. Court ordered drug testing. Roy filed false reports with the courts. He was able to do this as in the beginning they picked up the form themselves. Later the forms were sent directly to the courts.

5. There are affidavits from approximately 20 people that are all signed and notarized on the same day. I find this hard to believe. When I was trying to obtain notarized affidavits I found it almost impossible. Yet, he was able to get 20 people to drive downtown on a workday.

These are just a very few items he has filed with the courts that are false. I hope this will give you a general overview of how this case went.

My question. What do we do with this information?

Honestly, what I to know is what route can I take to have Roy spend some time in jail. Do we file for an appeal based on this information? Can we have Roy charged with perjury of defamation of character?
Please advise the best procedure take and what type of an attorney we should retain.

Just for you information Roy has never paid any of the monies that are due to Carrie.

[This message has been edited by kickinit (edited September 25, 2000).]

T

Tigres

You didn't put your state. No one can help with out knowing which state!

Tig

------------------
I am not a lawyer. Any information relayed is merely my own experience or research.
In Egypt, Cats were once worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

"PRINCESS, HAVING HAD SUFFICIENT EXPERIENCE WITH PRINCES,SEEKS FROG."

S

skorpio

If the staements are false, isn't that defamation of Character? I'm sure if "Mary" speaks with an attorney, she can find out all the information she needs.
But she better hurry, I'm sure your sis doen't have much time to Appeal the Courts ruling on the custody matter.

Skorpio

K

kickinit

Originally posted by Tigres:
You didn't put your state. No one can help with out knowing which state!

Tig

OOPS, It is Arizona, I revised my notice.
Thanks,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">